Re: Permissons for spider method

From: Ron Samuel Klatchko <rsk(at)not-real.corpmail.brightmail.com>
Date: Mon Apr 17 2000 - 16:50:10 GMT
Angel Parn wrote:
> I've used swish-e's spider-method succesfully at my own server
> to index my dynamic .php3 files. Worked great. Now I've moved
> all web-pages to ISP, where I also try to use spider method, but
> it fails :-(  With the same config, filesystem method at ISP works
> great.

Are you running the spider on the same computer each time or are you
running it on different computers?

> I suspect that spider-method needs to use some sort of
> 'root-privileged-functions' to open socket or something.

Opening a socket normally does not require any special privileges.

Could you try running the spider manually (swishspider file url) and
find out the exact error messages being given off.

moo
        Ron Samuel Klatchko - Senior Software Jester
            Brightmail Inc - rsk@brightmail.com