Permissons for spider method

From: Angel Parn <angel(at)>
Date: Mon Apr 17 2000 - 13:33:19 GMT

I've used swish-e's spider-method succesfully at my own server
to index my dynamic .php3 files. Worked great. Now I've moved
all web-pages to ISP, where I also try to use spider method, but
it fails :-(  With the same config, filesystem method at ISP works

I suspect that spider-method needs to use some sort of
'root-privileged-functions' to open socket or something.

What can I do, when I'm just an ordinary user, not root ?
Using file-system method is the latest resort and then I need
to rewrite the .php3 stuff (time-time-time).