PHRASE SEARCH

From: Jose Manuel Ruiz <jmruiz(at)not-real.boe.es>
Date: Thu Apr 13 2000 - 10:18:34 GMT
New version of PHRASE-SEARCH in http://www.boe.es/swish-e
Only minor changes

Fixed in swish-e-1.3.2-PHRASEc:
- Added more free() calls. Better use of memory
- Reorganization of file i/o functions, added an uncompress
function for numbers
- Added a hash function for numbers

I am thinking on adding a new search feature using a special
type of metaname: a numeric type. My users demand
also searching the file data by its numerical code. For example:
"code <= 23 and code >98"
Since dates could be stored in the same way, it would also
possible do the following search:
"mydate >=20000101 and mydate <=20001231".
All this means a litle coding effort in index.c, search.c and
merge.c. Probably, a new sorted index schema for numbers is
required. So any idea or comment will be apreciated.
Is this really useful for more people?

Have a nice day

Jose Manuel Ruiz Ramos

jmruiz@boe.es