Re: Alpha version Phrase Search

From: Jose Manuel Ruiz <jmruiz(at)not-real.boe.es>
Date: Mon Apr 10 2000 - 17:22:51 GMT
Some warnings while compiling ...

Nothing important, I think.

Bill Moseley wrote:

> Anything here to worry below?:
>
> search.c: In function `search':
> search.c:362: warning: passing arg 4 of `qsort' from incompatible pointer type

A pointer to a comparison function. It is not important. It works.

> search.c: In function `getmatchword':
> search.c:629: warning: implicit declaration of function `readlong'

A prototype is needed. It is not important. I will fix it.

> merge.c: In function `readmerge':
> merge.c:241: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type

It is not important. Needs a different pointer cast. Both of them are
pointers. I will fix it.

> http.c: In function `get':
> http.c:245: warning: long int format, pid_t arg (arg 5)
> http.c: In function `http_indexpath':
> http.c:395: warning: long int format, pid_t arg (arg 5)
> http.c:406: warning: long int format, pid_t arg (arg 5)
> http.c:421: warning: long int format, pid_t arg (arg 5)
>
> httpserver.c: In function `getserverinfo':
> httpserver.c:134: warning: long int format, pid_t arg (arg 5)

Warnings in http.c and httpserver.c are from the original
files. I have not modified these files.

I have tested the code in RedHat Linux 6.1, Solaris 2.6
and AIX 4.3. All of them gave me identical results (always
using gcc).

Have a nice day

Jose Manuel Ruiz Ramos

jmruiz@boe.es