Re: Problem with FS method.

From: Steve Thomas <stephen.thomas(at)not-real.adelaide.edu.au>
Date: Fri Apr 07 2000 - 01:14:35 GMT
Bruce Bowler wrote:

> Stupid question #2
>
> I have a rule that reads
>
> FileRules filename contains # % ~ .bak .orig .old old. .gif .mov .jpg .jpeg
> .mpg .tiff .zip .hqz
>
> The documentation on the web site says...
>
>          filename contains string1 string2 string3 ...
>                  Any file name containing these strings will be ignored
> (this is not case-sensitive). This cannot be a path.
>
> Yet this file (P000151.GIF (3353 words)) shows up in the output.  Me thinks
> there might be a bug either in the documentation or the code?

Maybe the documentation. The 'strings' are actually regular expressions
-- so, aside from anything else, you should really escape the period, as
in "\.bak" -- because the period on its own means "any character".

Try adding "\.GIF" and see if it then excludes the file -- then we'll
know if its really case insensitive or not.

> Stupid question #3
>
> are the various levels of verbosity described other than to say
> (paraphrasing here) 0 is none and 3 is lots.  Are levels 1 and 2 defined
> anywhere?

1 just tells you its doing something.
2 lists the directories as they are indexed -- a useful progress report
without too much detail.

Steve