Re: Problem with FS method.

From: Ron Samuel Klatchko <rsk(at)not-real.corpmail.brightmail.com>
Date: Thu Apr 06 2000 - 17:22:56 GMT
Bruce Bowler wrote:
> I was on 1.3 and everything worked fine (albeit slowly, because I was using
> the http method).  I grabbed 1.3.2 and decided to switch to the FS method
> but it doesn't seem to find any links in my main page.
>
> The config file looks like
>
> IndexDir /usr/local/apache/htdocs/index.html
>
> There are plenty of links on the page in question (feel free to see for
> yourselves).  Any ideas?

The file system does not look in the content of the document for links.
If you provide a directory as a starting point, swish-e indexes every
file it finds in that directory and any subdirectory.  But if you
provide a file as a starting point (like you did), swish-e only indexes
that file.  Try changing your IndexDir to:

IndexDir /usr/local/apache/htdocs

moo
           Ron Samuel Klatchko - Software Jester
            Brightmail Inc - rsk@brightmail.com