Re: Phrase search

From: Jose Manuel Ruiz <jmruiz(at)not-real.boe.es>
Date: Tue Apr 04 2000 - 07:42:53 GMT
SRE,

Thank you,
I will take it.
Finally, yesterday, I got an alpha version wich implements "phrase
search" based on 1.3.2. From now on, I will begin to work with your
version.

Now, I have several aditional doubts about phrase search.

1- How can be result of a phrase search ranked?
2- Searching 'Joe and Mary' It is not posible because and
will make things easier but this is major change for all
the cgi programs working up to day.
3- File index get bigger. Although the numeric compress function
used works fine, specially with small files, more memory is
needed when reading word positions into memory. Any ideas?

I think it will not be difficult to add a "near" operator.
I mean, searching for a word wich is as least n positions far
from the other. Could it be interesting?

Have a nice day

--

Jose Manuel Ruiz Ramos

jmruiz@boe.es