First Index errors

From: Christopher Adams <chris(at)>
Date: Tue Mar 21 2000 - 18:12:17 GMT
I have compiled swish-e 1.32 on a Solaris 2.7 platform. The test worked
fine. I set up a user.config file for the specific index I wanted to
create. I changed most of what I thought I had to changed, based on the
docs. However, when I ran the index, I got numerous "bad directive"
error messages. Some of them related to references local files or
directories at Sunsite, which I then changed. Running the index again:

/usr/local/bin/swish-e -c /home/chris/swish/src/user.config

results in the following:

Indexing Data Source: "File-System"
Bad directive on line #104: IgnoreLastChar
Bad directive on line #113: IgnoreFirstChar
Bad directive on line #165: MaxDepth 5
Bad directive on line #170: Delay 60
Bad directive on line #174: TmpDir /home/chris/swishtmp/
Bad directive on line #179: SpiderDirectory /home/chris/swish/src/

Can someone explain why this is happening and what MUST be changed in
the user.config file for version 1.32?

Christopher Adams
Oregon State Library