Re: Searching Swish-E Index Files

From: Steve Thomas <stephen.thomas(at)not-real.adelaide.edu.au>
Date: Sun Mar 19 2000 - 23:46:01 GMT
New Tecumseth Public Library wrote:

> ... In particular, this is what I require my search to do:
>
> 1)  Return the <META NAME="DC.Title"> tag as the title of the document.
> 2)  Return the <META NAME="DC.Description"> tag as the description of
> the document.

You need to add the following line to your config file:

PropertyNames DC.title DC.description

This will add values for these "properties" to the index file.

When you search, you need to add "-p dc.title dc.description" to the
swish-e command line, as in:

swish-e -f yourindex -p dc.title dc.description -w search terms

This will return the usual data for each page (rank, path, title, size)
followed by the properties in the order you specify on the command line.

Steve