Re: Re: ISO-8859-8

From: Ben-Nes Michael <miki(at)not-real.canaan.co.il>
Date: Fri Mar 17 2000 - 07:59:57 GMT
Hi and thank you for your help.

Please check the 8859-X maps in here:
http://czyborra.com/charsets/iso8859.html#ISO-8859-8
and here for the list of the characters:
ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc1555.txt

I found after further investigation that the character 247 (iso-8859-8 8 bit ascii)
is the problem, and when a word include this character it indexed under the first
letter in the word.

I did add it to the WordCharacters (with all other hebrew characters).
I wonder if I can add row ascii value there ?

I hope that the fix (if will be available) will work under the unix community too,
lots of institution in Israel can use it to share information :-)

--
Canaan Surfing Ltd.