Re: Re: ISO-8859-8

From: David Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Thu Mar 16 2000 - 23:45:17 GMT
Ben-Nes Michael wrote:
> I downloaded the binary dist for NT. :-(
> I did add the Hebrew chars to user.config file.
> Can the program be compiled on NT to ? (my experience is in the linux zone and
> not in the NT).

It will compile on Windows NT/2000 using Microsoft Visual C++
(preferably) or MinGW32 (GCC: not CygWin32).  If someone can come up
with a more I18N-friendly config.h configuration I'd gladly recompile
the NT version.  I'm not sure what would be best, though.

> Why do you think that the bad letter is 225 ? it does work with other
> combination, maybe the combination itself is somewhat wrong.

Is that character special in ASCII?  I might look into that in a bit.
It's probably something silly.

I'd think that the user.config should be able to handle it.  But, there
are likely a million hidden I18N issues with SWISH-E.

--
,David Norris
  Open Server Architecture Project - http://www.opensa.org/