RE: New cgi script using metadata

From: Dan Brickley <Daniel.Brickley(at)>
Date: Sat Mar 11 2000 - 11:37:26 GMT
A couple more refs on metadata:

The W3C recommendation for metadata syntax and datamodel is RDF, the
Resource Description Framework. There's a lack of really accessible
introductory material to RDF, but you can find some interesting links at and some informal 'design issue' discussion
papers on RDF and the 'Semantic Web' at

The distributed harvesting of metadata model is a nice one; it would be
fun to revisit this using Swish/DC/RDF, as a testbed for combining
RDF-oriented search with fast free text searching...