RE: New cgi script using metadata

From: Dan Brickley <Daniel.Brickley(at)not-real.bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Sat Mar 11 2000 - 11:37:26 GMT
A couple more refs on metadata:

The W3C recommendation for metadata syntax and datamodel is RDF, the
Resource Description Framework. There's a lack of really accessible
introductory material to RDF, but you can find some interesting links at
http://www.w3.org/RDF/ and some informal 'design issue' discussion
papers on RDF and the 'Semantic Web' at http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/

The distributed harvesting of metadata model is a nice one; it would be
fun to revisit this using Swish/DC/RDF, as a testbed for combining
RDF-oriented search with fast free text searching...

Dan