Re: JSwishi Output

From: SRE <eckert(at)not-real.climber.org>
Date: Fri Mar 03 2000 - 07:19:29 GMT
At 04:48 PM 3/2/00 -0800, New Tecumseth Public Library wrote:
>I've had Swish-E and jswishi installed and configured for several
>months, but I've come to the point where I'd like to configure Jswishi a
>bit more.  Unfortunately there is no documentation available online, so
>perhaps someone on the list can help me.

The best documentation is an example, sometimes.
See http://www.climber.org/scripts/swishTemplate.html
for the template I use. I've made some changes to the
CGI script (just sent a fresh copy to Palmer)... just
got done adding debug levels for the log file.

Note that I have my "404 file not found" error directed
to the search page, and there is a special mode in the
CGI to handle that. The message shows up when you view
the template as plain HTML, but does not show up when
you invoke the CGI without the NOTFOUND arg.

I'll send my CGI off-list if asked... but I'd like to
keep updates going thru the author. There's a link to
his page from http://www.climber.org/scripts/swishSearch.cgi
(note the built-in help that I've added to the template!)

Hope this helps.

SRE

mailto:eckert(at)not-real.climber.org | http://www.climber.org/eckert/
Info on peak climbing email lists mailto:info@climber.org

Before email, five carbon copies were the maximum extension of anybody's ego.