Re: Swish-E and HTML documents with frames

From: Ron Samuel Klatchko <rsk(at)not-real.corpmail.brightmail.com>
Date: Thu Feb 24 2000 - 21:00:17 GMT
Chris Humphries wrote:
> If the spider program detects that the document is a framed HTML, it
> recursively builds content by reading through the <frame src> pointers, and
> builds up a list of all the <a href> links that it finds. It then passes
> *this* back to the C program, which indexes the document as if it were one
> big HTML. The spidering will work as if all the <a href> links found in in
> the frameset HTML files were at level 1.

Can you explain how this works a little more.  I'm thinking specifically
about something like this:

index.html: frameset
             top.html
             bottom1.html

bottom1.html: <A HREF="bottom2.html">
bottom2.html: <A HREF="bottom3.html">
etc.

It sounds like bottom1.html will be properly indexed as part of the
index.html frameset, but what about bottom2, bottom3, etc.  Also, does
the presence of a TARGET tag affect anything?

moo
           Ron Samuel Klatchko - Software Jester
            Brightmail Inc - rsk@brightmail.com