Re: Spider

From: Steve van der Burg <steve.vanderburg(at)not-real.lhsc.on.ca>
Date: Thu Feb 24 2000 - 14:44:18 GMT
>> I installed the patch and it still stopped on the home page for the
>site.
>> So, I removed the following 2 lines and sure enough it is now indexing.
>> BUT, I am not sure how many of my html files on the site have these
>lines.
>> So, I am going to perform a global replace to remove the lines.  I'll
>> re-index and see if more files are indexed.

>> I have no idea on how to change the Perl for this.
>>
>> Bob Lally
>> PropheZine
>> bob@prophezine.com
>>

>It looks like there is a quote missing after 'text/html'
>
>This:
>probably ought to be this:
>charset=iso-8859-1">
>
>If your server is set up correctly, the Content-Type line shouldn't be
>necessary anyway.

No.  The META header is correct as it is.

When you patched the spider, did you also patch swish and recompile/install?  You need to apply the patch at
   http://sunsite.berkeley.edu/SWISH-E/Patches/spider2
also.  This patch is called "spider2", but it's actually a patch to the swish-e C source.  Without it, the patch to the spider doesn't really help.

..Steve

--
Steve van der Burg
Information Services