Re: Autoswish Capabilities

From: David Norris <dave(at)>
Date: Wed Feb 23 2000 - 10:46:42 GMT
PropheZine Owner wrote:
> I'm not entirely sure of the capabilities or full purpose of Autoswish.   Is
> it possible for autoswish that is installed on server A to index server B
> through the net?
> Is this part of the purpose of Autoswish?

AutoSWISH was designed to allow you to edit/create SWISH indices from
the web.  For example, you have a bunch of users and you want them to be
able to index their web directory without having to manually edit SWISH
config files.  It was just a web interface to the filesystem indexer.
The HTTP (Spider) indexer didn't exist then.  AutoSWISH has not been
maintained since around SWISH-E/1.1, as far as I know.  It was pulled
because of security concerns.  I've seen occasional mention of people
wanting to rewrite or update it.  But, I've not seen any mention of

,David Norris
  Open Server Architecture Project -
  Dave's Web -
  ICQ Universal Internet Number - 412039