Re: Compiling Swish-E under NT using DJGPP

From: David Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Tue Feb 22 2000 - 16:32:49 GMT
Chris Humphries wrote:
> config.h:248: warning: redefinition of `pid_t'
> d:/djgpp/include/sys/types.h:27: warning: `pid_t' previously declared here
> In file included from swish.h:40,
>                  from check.c:20:
> win32/dirent.h:25: redefinition of `struct dirent'
> Has anyone managed to compile Swish-E using DJGPP in
> Windows NT successfully?
> I would appreciate any advice because I have not been
> able to determine what I have done wrong here.

Looks potentially simple to me ;-)  You probably need to rewrite a
couple things in the code.  OR, you could try my code
patched/screwed-around for MinGWin32 (GCC Win32):
http://www.webaugur.com/wares/swish/

Microsoft's compilers require dirent to compile many Unix-based
programs.  You probably do not need this with DJGPP.  Remove all
references to win32/dirent.h and win32/dirent.c from the code and
Makefile.  (includes and the makefile's linker line)  Also, the regex
library will make you want to rip your hair out.  You'll have to figure
out how to link it.  I didn't spend the time to get GNU make on Win32 to
playe nice with it.  You tell it to build win32/regex.c and it calls the
output regex.o instead of win32/regex.o...  DJGPP may work right,
though.

--
,David Norris
  Open Server Architecture Project - http://www.opensa.org/