RE: http method v. file system method Performance

From: <jim_brannan(at)not-real.hp.com>
Date: Fri Feb 18 2000 - 19:38:07 GMT
I just did a test.  I merged indexes that had each indexed completely
different content.  The search results list is exactly as if I had
indexed the content with one original index.

So, I think what I am hearing is that if index1 and index2 index the
same document, the title used in the results list will always be the
title from the first index.  That works for us, if that is the case.
Time for another experiment.

I'm curious to time
 - time to index 10000 documents into one index
 - time to index 5000 docs into one index PLUS time to merge two of these

Jim

TN or (916)  785-9374    FAX: 785-9278
I am in the Pacific Standard Time zone
cell email:9168017434@mobile.att.net (short text only)