Re: Exact Phrase search

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Wed Feb 16 2000 - 22:17:20 GMT
At 09:51 AM 02/16/00 -0800, Todd A. Wolfe wrote:
>Ibon,
>You can do an exact phrase search with %20 notation representing a
>single space.
>For example "dog bite" would be searched by entering dog%20bite

If swish indexes a document that contains "I saw a dog bite a cat", then
each word is placed in the index separately.  Feeding swish the string
dog%20bite would fail to find that document if swish was looking for the
entire string including the percent sign twenty.  Feeding swish "dog bite"
with the %20 decoded into a space, would find the document, but would also
find any other document with both bite and dog in it.

Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley@hank.org