RE: Exact Phrase search

From: <stephane_meier(at)not-real.non.hp.com>
Date: Wed Feb 16 2000 - 17:36:44 GMT
Hello

You can't do it formally. You will have to post process the result. It's
as if you added a new filter that identifies matching documents. Swish-e
will already have narrowed down the search though.

Suppose you look for "Black Cat". You have swish-e look for black and cat
(not case sensitive).
Out of the resulting pages, you will have to do a new search on each
document to match "Black Cat".
That mean that all occurrences of black that do not match the case or not
close to each other will have to be removed. Then you will show the
remaining documents.

Finally, notice that an exact match should not find a search sentence
broken on 2 lines.. but you may wish to find it though.

Stephane Meier