Swish-E & HTML Frames / NoContents Option / Commercial use of Swish-E

From: Chris Humphries <ChrisJMH(at)not-real.vermilion99.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Thu Feb 10 2000 - 11:52:53 GMT
I have 3 unrelated questions.

1) When using Swish-E with HTTP and the Perl Spider what happens when a
page has been constructed using frames, where the actual content is one or
more levels below that of the current HTML page? Does Swish-E just ignore
the existence of frames or does it make some attempt to read through them?

2) When using Swish-E with the HTTP option, the "NoContents" option appears
to work, even though it states in the example "user.config" file that this
is a FILESYSTEM-only option. Is this a change made by someone because it
seemed like a good idea? If so, it was a very good idea! I really need an
option like this!

3) If I were to use Swish-E in a commercial application, what steps should
I take?

Chris Humphries