The Swish-E Index File

From: Chris Humphries <ChrisJMH(at)not-real.vermilion99.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Tue Feb 01 2000 - 12:12:25 GMT
Is the Swish-E index file cross-platform compatible?

For example, could one take an index file created by Swish-E on a PC
running Windows NT and use that index on a version of Swish-E running under
UNIX?

I realise that there may be big/little-endian problems because (I assume)
the index file is stored in some kind of native binary format (as opposed
to an ASCII format). This would mean that the compatibility would be linked
to the processor rather than the OS, but Swish-E might be cleverer than
that.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this matter?

Chris Humphries