Re: The Swish-E Index File

From: David Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Tue Feb 01 2000 - 13:01:35 GMT
Chris Humphries wrote:
> Is the Swish-E index file cross-platform compatible?

Perfectly.

> I realise that there may be big/little-endian problems because (I assume)
> the index file is stored in some kind of native binary format (as opposed
> to an ASCII format). This would mean that the compatibility would be linked
> to the processor rather than the OS, but Swish-E might be cleverer than
> that.

Yes, no, maybe ;-)  The 'endian' problem has been addressed.  But, I'm
not sure if it is in the current release.  Probably not.  Basically, the
network to host and/or host to network conversion functions were
utilized to make SWISH-E's index file endian-neutral.  I have a copy of
the required changes somewhere.  They're likely in the patches directory
on the SWISH-E site, though.

Let me know if you don't find them.

--
,David Norris