Re: Fwd: Re: Configuration Problems

From: SRE <eckert(at)not-real.climber.org>
Date: Sat Jan 08 2000 - 04:40:08 GMT

At 11:42 AM 1/7/00 -0800, J. Steven Harrison wrote:
>I've tried so many combinations I am about to take a trip up to Redmond and
>shoot somebody.
>Give me back my UNIX environment!

I'm indexing on WinNT and installing the files on a FreeBSD web server.
It works!

You can find out a lot about your index files by doing a manual dump.
You'll find that the path to the directory where you started the
index looks like Windoze, and from there down it looks like Unix!
Swish-e simply appends Unix path separators when it traverses,
without regard to the first part of the pathname.

Knowing that, it's simple to come up with rules like this:
  ReplaceRules replace "D:\\sre\\top/sub" "/www/members/websites/top/sub"
That builds an index file with the path that will be there on
the web server, so wrappers like JSWISHI can find and extract
previews from them.

Hope this helps! Sorry I didn't jump in sooner. Been busy.

SRE

mailto:eckert(at)not-real.climber.org | http://www.climber.org/eckert/
Info on peak climbing email lists mailto:info@climber.org

      It may be that your whole purpose in life
      is simply to serve as a warning to others.