Re: Fwd: Re: Configuration Problems

From: Ron Samuel Klatchko <rsk(at)not-real.brightmail.com>
Date: Thu Jan 06 2000 - 22:14:40 GMT
"J. Steven Harrison" wrote:
> > > When I double click on any of the file names I get the following:
> > >
> > > http://gandalf.sns.com/scripts/C:/Progra~1/Micros~3/VC98/CRT/SRC/OPEN.C
> > >
> > > I know I must have a configuration error somewhere but I can't find it. I
> > > believe it should look more like
> > >
> > > file::/C|/Progra~1/Micros~3/VC98/CRT/SRC/OPEN.C
> >

> >ReplaceRules prepend "file://"
> >ReplaceRules replace "C:" "C|"
>
> If I do this then all files are local to the machine where the browser is
> running. Works great for a browser running on that machine, but when it's
> deployed the files that we want developers to be able to search for will
> only be on one server. This means that they are not seeing the files on the
> remote machine.

Well then, use a rewrite rule to change your path into a valid HTTP
URL.  It's impossible to give specific instructions without knowing your
exact HTTP server configuration so the best I can do is give you some
generalizations.  Assume everything in C:/Progra~1/Micros~3 is available
as the prefix /MS.  Therefore, the path
C:/Progra~1/Micros~3/VC98/CRT/SRC/OPEN.C is available as
/MS/VC98/CRT/SRC/OPEN.C.  You can then use the following:

ReplaceRules replace "C:/Progra~1/Micros~3" "/MS"

moo
           Ron Samuel Klatchko - Software Jester
            Brightmail Inc - rsk@brightmail.com