Is index.swish recreated each time by swish-e

From: Lloyd Faver <lloyd(at)not-real.nicolabanking.com>
Date: Thu Jan 06 2000 - 19:57:21 GMT
A few questions:

I will be maintaining and archive of 2 to 5 years in duration.  Each day
will have approximately 25MB single html file or about 6.6 GB per year.  Is
the swish-e index database regenerated from scratch each time new html's
are added to the index?  How long does it take to process 6.6GB of data?

If I have to recreate the index from scratch each time this will not be
feasible.  Therefore I am also trying to write a perl script to call the
grep system function passing it a date range and multiple search criteria,
 at this time only 'and' logic will be implemented.  I have got it working
for a single search criteria, but when I expand the logic using foreach
logic it no longer returns any values.  I am in the process of just
learning perl and need HELP!

Regards Lloyd