Re: How do I 'not' index certain files?

From: Ron Samuel Klatchko <rsk(at)not-real.brightmail.com>
Date: Thu Jan 06 2000 - 18:39:45 GMT
Ed wrote:
> I'm sure this is a simple task but I'm still a novice at Perl.  How can
> I change build.pl so that certain files and directories are not
> indexed?  For example, all files with __fs in their name are 'frameset'
> files and I'd like to screen them from being indexed.

If you are indexing via the filesystem, you can use FileRules to specify
which file to ignore.  For your specific need, you need to use:
  FileRules filename contains __fs

This needs to be placed in your swish configuration file.  I haven't
used build.pl, so I don't know if it writes a configuration file or if
it just uses one that is already available.

moo
           Ron Samuel Klatchko - Software Jester
            Brightmail Inc - rsk@brightmail.com