Re: search error

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Tue Jan 04 2000 - 17:40:19 GMT
At 03:41 AM 1/4/00 -0800, you wrote:
>Details:
>One of the pages that was indexed contains a word 'e-commerce'. But while
>searching using this keyword, I am not getting any result. But for the
>keyword 'commerce' I am getting the page containing the word 'e-commerce'.

What are your WordCharacters settings?  If a dash is not included then
e-commerce is indexed as two words 'e' and 'commerce'.

When searching swish isn't smart enough to remember how it splits up words,
so searching for 'e-commerce' fails since 'e-commerce' is not in the swish

>Is that something to do with the configuration file. Please help me to
>solve this problem.

Either add the dash to WordCharacters (which would then require all dashed
words to be indexed (and searched with the dash), or search the list
archive for comments on this issue.  (Either pre-process your search, or
patch search.c).

Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley@hank.org