Re: Re: Installation error on NCR 1997 ANSI C/C++ compiler for

From: David Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Tue Jan 04 2000 - 18:54:44 GMT
Ron Samuel Klatchko wrote:
> Edison wrote:
> > While trying to index my HTML-files I get the following:
> SWISH-E uses a helper app to download files using HTTP...
> Anyone else want to hazard a guess?

Perhaps a permissions problem with something the HTTP Crawler is using?
Does the spider work without SWISH-E?

I've not used the spider enough to run into odd troubles.  Of course,
I've only used it on BSD, Linux, and Windows using GCC or Microsoft VC.
I know it has always been a nightmare for me to make the crawler work
properly.  Most of the indexing problems I've had were related to temp
file problems, indexing target problems, and various other configuration
problems in regard to the actual files in use.

--
,David Norris
  Open Server Architecture Project - http://www.opensa.org/