Re: Configuration Problems

From: Ron Samuel Klatchko <rsk(at)>
Date: Mon Jan 03 2000 - 17:51:43 GMT
"J. Steven Harrison" wrote:
> When I double click on any of the file names I get the following:
> I know I must have a configuration error somewhere but I can't find it. I
> believe it should look more like
> file::/C|/Progra~1/Micros~3/VC98/CRT/SRC/OPEN.C

My guess is that you haven't used any replace rules.  So, the path that
SWISH stores is:

because it does not start with a /, your browser interprets that as a
relative URL and prepends it with the base path of the URL you are
currently viewing (i.e. your search script is
http://server/scripts/swish.cgi so the browser prepends
http://server/scripts/ to all relative URLs).

You need to modify the path swish stores so that when they are output,
your browser correctly interprets them.  If you want to access them as a
file, you can try the following:

ReplaceRules prepend "file://"
ReplaceRules replace "C:" "C|"

           Ron Samuel Klatchko - Software Jester