Installation error on NCR 1997 ANSI C/C++ compiler for Unix sVr4

From: Lloyd Faver <lloyd(at)not-real.nicolabanking.com>
Date: Tue Dec 28 1999 - 19:59:09 GMT
Attempting to install swish-e on the NCR 3000 platform under ANSI C/C++ for
Unix sVr4. getting following error with several warnings from the
swish-efiles_1_3_2_tar.gz -- unable to include the strncasecmp function in
http.o?  I am fairly new to C so not sure just where to look.

Any help will be much appreciated -- Thanks in advance, Lloyd

        /usr/ccs/bin/cc -c -g fs.c
NCR High Performance C Compiler R3.0c
(c) Copyright 1994-97, NCR Corporation
(c) Copyright 1987-97, MetaWare Incorporated
w "fs.c",L44/C23(#180): nocontentslist
|    An extern object (previously declared at "swish.h",L234/C20)
|    can't be declared static now (X3.159-1989 p.22,L28).
w "fs.c",L365/C5(#850): ishtml
|    Function storage class updated from static to extern
|    in violation of the ANSI C Language Reference
|    (See ANSI/ISO 9899-1990 on static storage class specifiers.)
w "fs.c",L393/C5(#850): isoktitle
|    Function storage class updated from static to extern
|    in violation of the ANSI C Language Reference
|    (See ANSI/ISO 9899-1990 on static storage class specifiers.)
w (#657):       (info) How referenced files were included:
|    File swish.h from fs.c.
No errors   3 warnings
        /usr/ccs/bin/cc -c -g http.c
NCR High Performance C Compiler R3.0c
(c) Copyright 1994-97, NCR Corporation
(c) Copyright 1987-97, MetaWare Incorporated
        /usr/ccs/bin/cc -c -g httpserver.c
NCR High Performance C Compiler R3.0c
(c) Copyright 1994-97, NCR Corporation
(c) Copyright 1987-97, MetaWare Incorporated
        /usr/ccs/bin/cc -o swish-e -g -O2 check.o file.o index.o search.o
error.o methods.o hash.o list.o mem.o string.o merge.o swish.o stemmer.o
docprop.o fs.o http.o httpserver.o  -lm
(/usr/ccs/bin/cc:) Warning: -g or -ql specified, optimization restricted
strncasecmp                         http.o
UX:ld: ERROR: swish-e: fatal error: Symbol referencing errors. No output
written to swish-e
*** Error code 1 (bu21)

make: fatal error.
$