Having Trouble getting set up.

From: Gretchen Helms <ghelms(at)not-real.excitecorp.com>
Date: Sat Dec 11 1999 - 01:52:40 GMT
I strongly suspect that I'm being denser than usual today, so I thought
I'd float this past the more knowledgeable folks.

What I'm trying to do:  run Swish-E on a UNIX sys V system.
Goal: Be able to index all the links in my divisional web pages for quick
and easy search.
Problem: The index doesn't appear to be spidering.
Web site heirarchy:  Everything lives under http://mango/~ghelms/Search,
starting with index.html.  There are a lot of frames in here; primary
pages are things like sriindex.html, qaindex.html, etc.  QA's pages
point off to yet another machine; this is the kind of thing I desperately
need spidered.
user.config file settings:  IndexDir is set to
http://mango/~ghelms/Search/index.html
IndexPointer is set to the same thing.
Other settings:  I'm using HTTP; filesystem stuff has been commented
out.  config.h is using HTTP.
End results:  I get a (very small) list of about 10 unique words.  When
I go look at the index, I see things like "mozilla", which isn't anywhere
in my division's web pages.  Plus, I'd expect to see a LOT more words.
And the only URL that shows up is the IndexDir URL and nothing else.

Any ideas what brain-dead thing I forgot to do?

----
Gretchen Helms
Project Manager: Csearch
Excite@Home x2199 (pager: beepghelms@excitecorp.com)