RE: 1.3.2 compile warning

From: SRE <eckert(at)not-real.climber.org>
Date: Fri Nov 12 1999 - 02:03:50 GMT
>David Norris (kg9ae@geocities.com)
>Tue, 14 Sep 1999 11:15:30 -0700 (PDT)
>I've noticed that GCC complains about that. Never bothered to look at it
>before, though. merge.h defines a structure used by docprop.h, which means
>that merge.h must always be included before docprop.h. merge.h isn't
>included in index.c which includes docprop.h.

Having just picked up a copy, and found the same warning, I'm
wondering who maintains these files? It seems that Norris found
the correct solution, but then again EVERY inclusion of docprop.h
comes after an inclusion of merge.h... so why not just include
merge.h IN docprop.h and be done with it?

(to recap, the problem is "struct metaMergeEntry" used by
docprop.h but defined in merge.h - and letting it default
may work but would be a bad idea since it is used in a
function prototype)

I didn't see an authoritative response in the list archives,
hope I'm not beating a dead horse here.

SRE