RE: RE: Making Swish search like it indexes

From: David Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Fri Oct 29 1999 - 17:41:32 GMT
For some reason, the "IndexFile" directive doesn't seem to be read in
search mode.  If the -f switch isn't specified or the default index
file name isn't used then the searcher fails to read the index.
Anyone have an idea why this would occur?  I haven't spent much time
to analyze this.

In my copy of swish.c, I removed the -C switch.  I added index=1 to -i
and index=0 to the -w switch.  That is only a hack in my mind, the two
options are not mutually exclusive.  You can still specify both, but,
the last on the command line will override.  GNU's getopt library
probably should be used at some point.  I may try to tackle this at
some point.  I haven't read any of the docs for getopt.

--
,David Norris
  World Wide Web - http://www.webaugur.com/dave