Re: swish: Ran out of memory (could not allocate enough)!

From: Al Gordon <a.t.gordon(at)not-real.attglobal.net>
Date: Mon Oct 25 1999 - 19:14:02 GMT
Tom,

When I had this problem, I used the "unlimit" command to raise the
default restriction on memory. The run file looks like:

cd ~/usr/local/swish-e
unlimit
./swish-e -c website.conf

After this change, I was able to run a few successful indexes of the
site until one day I got the message "killed!" when the index was about
90% complete. I am told the problem here is that  am now running out of
TIME, not memory. I posted this problem to the list, but I have not
heard any suggestions for speeding up an index

Al Gordon