Re: indexing meta tags

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Tue Oct 12 1999 - 16:11:47 GMT
At 08:57 AM 10/12/99 -0700, Sheni R. Meledath wrote:
>I was trying to index my web site using SWISH-E program. I had added a meta
>tag to add more key words for each page. The meta tag is in the format:
>But the values in this meta tag is not indexed using SWISH-E. That is I am
>not getting the pages for the searches that include the keywords in the
>meta tags.

>MetaNames keywords

Get rid of that setting.  With MetaNames keywords you have to search using
-w keywords=(words to search) to find those words.  If you remove MetaNames
then Swish will just add the words to the normal index (not associating the
words with the Meta name).

Make sure you have OKNOMETA set in config.h, or indexing will fail.
OKNOMETA is se by default.

MetaNames allows you to specify areas of a document to search.

Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley@hank.org