Indexing Problem

From: Sheni R. Meledath <sheni(at)not-real.cyber-gear.com>
Date: Tue Oct 12 1999 - 06:41:13 GMT
Dear friends,

I have installed the Swish-e program on our server. I was trying to index
the files in one directory. This directory contains so many sub
directories. But while indexing, its indexing all the subdirectories under
this directory. What's the way to restrict the indexing to a particular
directory. There is no links from this directory to the sub directories.
Pls help me to solve the problem.

I am copying some command lines from the SWISH configuration file. Pls check.

IndexDir /usr/home/MYSERVER/usr/local/etc/httpd/htdocs/
IndexFile /usr/home/MYSERVER/usr/local/swish-e/index.swish

IndexOnly .html .htm

IndexReport 3
FollowSymLinks yes
NoContents .gif .xbm .au .mov .mpg

ReplaceRules replace "/usr/home/MYSERVER/usr/local/etc/httpd/htdocs/"
"http://www.MYSITE.com/"

FileRules pathname contains admin testing demo trash construction confidential
FileRules filename is index.html
FileRules filename contains # % ~ .bak .orig .old old.
FileRules title contains construction example pointers
#FileRules directory contains .htaccess
# Files matching the above criteria will *not* be indexed.

IgnoreWords SwishDefault

Thanks & regards

Sheni R Meledath
Web Developer
Cyber Gear LLC
P.O. Box 53735, Dubai, UAE
Tel: (9714) 3312627, Fax: (9714) 3318812
Email: sheni@cyber-gear.com
Web Site: http://www.cyber-gear.com
Associate Sites: http://www.MiddleEastDirectory.com
                 http://www.uaetoday.com