RE: RE: Failing to find a word

From: David Norris <kg9ae(at)not-real.geocities.com>
Date: Thu Oct 07 1999 - 22:53:56 GMT
> Now, searching for 'data*' expandstar() in search.c grabs all words
out of
> the index that start with 'data'.  In this case it finds only
'databas' and
> uses that as the search word.  Since stemming is enabled, Swish,
rightly
> so, stems the search words.  But in this case 'databas' stems
further into
> 'databa', which, of course, is NOT in the index.

So, the problem is mostly with search.c.  Basically, we need to
temporarily disable the stemming if there is a wildcard query in the
current word.  This could also be affecting my Soundex stuff, since it
works the same.

I'll have a look.  My main development machine is crippled for the
moment.  But, I have been meaning to install some dev software on my
other machine.

,David Norris

World Wide Web - http://www.webaugur.com/dave
Page via mail - 412039@pager.mirabilis.com