Re: exclusions in indexing

From: Ron Samuel Klatchko <rsk(at)not-real.brightmail.com>
Date: Wed Sep 29 1999 - 16:21:09 GMT
"Michael J. Giarlo" wrote:
> How can you tell Swish-E to exclude certain files from the indexing?
> I.e. I'm indexing a rather large site, and I would rather the indexer
> not index any link with the string '.cgi' in it.  At first, I was using
> a ReplaceRules directive, but after rereading its description it seems
> inappropriate.

You can use IndexOnly or NoContents.  If a file has an extension that is
not in IndexOnly, then it will not be indexed at all.  If a file has an
extension in IndexOnly and NoContents, then only it's file name will be
indexed.

moo
           Ron Samuel Klatchko - Software Jester
            Brightmail Inc - rsk@brightmail.com