swish-e 1.3 mangling filenames before indexing

From: <Juergen.Puenter(at)not-real.Materna.DE>
Date: Tue Sep 28 1999 - 08:11:47 GMT
Hello,

I have a rather strange problem with swish-e 1.3. My system is SINIX-N 5.42
running on an RM400. I took the 1.3 from the official site at Berkely, compiled
it successfully and got an OK from 'make test'. Indexing with it, though, is
impossible.

Take this sample directory:

readme.txt
test1.txt
test2.txt
indices 	-> a subdir
src 		-> a subdir

Indexing it, I get this output:

Checking dir "./"...
  adme.txt (no words)
  st1.txt (4295432 words)
  st2.txt (4295408 words)

In dir "./":
Skipping ./:  Already indexed.

In dir "./":
Skipping ./:  Already indexed.

Removing very common words... no words removed.
Writing main index... no unique words indexed.
Writing file index... no files indexed.
Running time: Less than a second.
Indexing done!

Now, why does swish strip the first two characters from the names??? Access
rights are correct, the files itself are there and not corrupt, and I can index
that directory, the files in it and the subdirs with no problems when I use
swish-e 1.1.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

  Juergen Puenter
IDENTIFIKATIONSANGABEN:
a12630a.txt IA5 DX-MAIL X.400 User Agent