Re: indexing javawebserver-hosted sites

From: Ron Samuel Klatchko <rsk(at)not-real.brightmail.com>
Date: Wed Sep 22 1999 - 22:29:16 GMT
"Michael J. Giarlo" wrote:
> For some reason or another, I can't get the indexer to index a site running
> Java Web Server v1.1.3.  I have it indexing 4 other websites, so it's not
> that there's an error in the way I'm calling the indexer or writing the
> config files. (At least not that I know of :))  (btw, I have "maxdepth" set
> to 0, so that it traverses all links) Here's what happens:

That's odd.  I just tried running swishspider manually on that site and
saw that it had no problem extracting the links.  What version of SWISH
are you running?

You can try running swishspider manually to try that as well.  From a
command line, run:

/path/to/perl /path/to/swishspider /tmp/name URL

swishspider will create files call /tmp/name.contents,
/tmp/name.response and /tmp/name.links.  The last file is the one it
determines what else to crawl.

moo
           Ron Samuel Klatchko - Software Jester
            Brightmail Inc - rsk@brightmail.com