RE: [Q] Mod-Search

From: Nicolas Huillard <nhuillard(at)not-real.ghs.fr>
Date: Wed Sep 08 1999 - 15:47:52 GMT
Yes, I think this is a good idea : Linux, Apache, Perl and Swish-e are the products we use for commercial sites, so this would be perfectly integrated, and as full text search becomes less and less an option, I think it is a good idea.
I am ready to test it as soon as it is ready (I am joking). The only point is to make a well supported product : are you ready to make the same work as the Swish-e maintainers (and Linux, and Apache, and Perl, etc) ?

I only see one disadvantage of the system, related to administration : the administration would be easier, but at every change in the conf files, one would be obliged to reload them, by sending a SIGHUP to Apache, thus terminating every pending HTTP transaction.

Yours,

Nicolas Huillard
G.H.S
Directeur Technique