On 7 Sep 99 Steve van der Burg wrote:
> >>> Steve van der Burg <email@example.com>
> 07/09/99 08:29am >>>
> >>> Margaret Adam <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> 06/09/99 11:07pm >>>
> >> I have tried indexing a group of pages by both the file
> >> search method and the http method. I found, to my
> >> surprise, that
> > [ snip ]
> >> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML//EN">
> >> Is there anything I can do,
> > Check the swish-e bugs and patches page(s). This has
> > been solved a couple of times -- a one-line change in the
> > swishspider will fix it for you.
> Please forgive this hasty answer from earlier this morning
> (before I had had enough caffeine!). The "fix for anything other
> than text/html" as the content type" that I mentioned before if
> for what's possibly a different problem.
> Margaret: First, upgrade to swish-e 1.3.2 if you're not already
> using it. Next, do the documents containing the DTD line
> also contain something like this:
> <META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html;
> If so, then you'll need to apply this patch to http.c:
> and apply this one to swishspider
> I hope this is a little more helpful.
Thank you. I had already found and fixed the problem in swishspider
but didn't know about http.c. I've reindexed a subset of our web and
the titles seem to be there so I'm now reindexing the lot.
Received on Tue Sep 7 16:32:34 1999