RE: Re: Document properties

From: David Norris <kg9ae(at)not-real.geocities.com>
Date: Thu Sep 02 1999 - 21:29:54 GMT
> as network order (I can never remember myself).  I would recommend using
> network order for the file since that concept is universal among OSs that
> support TCP/IP (which is pretty much everything these days).

There should be a set of networking functions which handle's Big to Little
and vice-versa conversion.  I think they are ntoh and hton (Network to Host
and Host to Network), there are some letters tacked on the end of that to
indicate long and short ints.  I went hunting for some resources the other
evening, but, haven't even looked at the offending code in SWISH-E.
Stephane's info certainly looks good, though.

,David Norris

World Wide Web - http://www.webaugur.com/dave
Page via mail - 412039@pager.mirabilis.com
ICQ Universal Internet Number - 412039