Combining index files

From: Bob Lally <boblally(at)not-real.gte.net>
Date: Thu Aug 19 1999 - 13:47:05 GMT
Hi:

I am using the original swish search engine and just heard about swish-e.
My problem is this.  I have 3 web sites where I archive information.  I want
a user to be able to use a single search engine and be able to find
information on any of the three sites.

If I were to use swish-e on the 2 UNIX web servers and one on a windows 98
machine to produce 3 index.swish files, could I then rename them and move
them to the main web site and use something like this in the search:

-f index1.swish, index2.swish, index3.swish

Would I combine them into 1 index or must they remain 3 separate indexes.

Do you have another suggestion?

Thanks for your help.

Bob Lally
boblally@gte.net