RE: RE: Swish-e question

From: David Norris <kg9ae(at)not-real.geocities.com>
Date: Tue Aug 17 1999 - 17:50:44 GMT
> I'm running it on a solaris machine, and have tried to run it in tcsh, ksh
> and sh with the same negative result.
> Space is used to separate files or directories which is defined on the same
> line in the swish-e.config file. But with a " around the path, the spaces
> should be handled, shouldn't it (which it does with directories but not
> files)?

I agree, it should work without trouble.  I know it works on BSD and Windows.  Perhaps it is an
issue with Solaris.  Directory and file routines are generally separate functions, so it may
work with one and not the other.  I don't have access to Solaris, so I'm really not of much use.
Does any other software work with spaces in the file name?  If yes, try to determine any
differences between the two.  That might give you some insight.

,David Norris

Home Computer - http://illusionary.tzo.cc/
Page via mail - 412039@pager.mirabilis.com
ICQ Universal Internet Number - 412039