RE: Character in word

From: David Norris <kg9ae(at)not-real.geocities.com>
Date: Fri Aug 13 1999 - 22:05:39 GMT
> I'm having a problem with SWISH-E...  been using it for a while, and it
> works beautifully, except one thing...  words with the underscore
character
> "_" in the middle of them are getting indexed as two seperate words, i.e.

Well, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work.  Underscore should be a
valid character in the WORDCHARS macro.  Did you make sure to reindex the
site after adding it to WORDCHARS and recompiling?  And, did you make sure
you're really using the new executable to index?

If that doesn't do it, you could modify the search script to replace
underscores with spaces in the search query.  Not exactly a good answer,
but, a decent temporary patch until its resolved.

,David Norris

Home Computer - http://illusionary.tzo.cc/
Page via mail - 412039@pager.mirabilis.com
ICQ Universal Internet Number - 412039