RE: Meta or free text date comparisons

From: Nicolas Huillard <nhuillard(at)not-real.ghs.fr>
Date: Thu Aug 12 1999 - 09:44:49 GMT
What I did for this kind of problem is pre-processing tbe list or year (actually, I pre-processed a list of month numbers, but it is the same).
Ths used-end search parameter is : find documents published in the last 3, 6 month, or 1, 2, 6 years... The swish query is actually : search documents which has month numbers 1870 or 1869 or 1868, ans so on...
I know this is not very beautyful, but it works because I limit the search to 6 years (which makes searchs with 72 different months values...). The swish engine is fast enough to handle this very efficiently. Has I always say : the response time is always very low compared to the response time of the modem the user is usually behind...

Yours,

Nicolas Huillard