Re: Method=GET vs Method=POST

From: Ron Klatchko <ron(at)not-real.library.ucsf.edu>
Date: Wed Aug 11 1999 - 16:43:59 GMT
At 07:00 AM 8/11/99 -0700, Eric Haymaker wrote:
>I am using both Swish-e and Swish++, and both are up and running great.  But
>I am
>just curious that the perl programs distributed with them used Method="GET."
>When I run the scripts, all I get is the actual text of the perl script
>rather than the search results.  Does this ring a bell with anyone? I'm
>using Method=Post instead, but would like to know why Method="GET" gets the
>perl text instead of the results.

That must be a misconfiguration of your Web server.  It is the job of the
server to decide how to handle a requested resource (static: send as is,
dynamic: execute, ssi: parse and send, etc).  If you're seeing the source
code, then the server is sending it rather then executing it.

moo
                        ron@library.ucsf.edu