Meta or free text date comparisons

From: Simon McLean <simon.mclean(at)not-real.kcl.ac.uk>
Date: Wed Aug 11 1999 - 09:34:38 GMT
Dear Swish users,

How can I make date range comparisons (not file dates)
eg if I have META DATE=1945-1951 or even free text with similar stuff
in,
via swish search of '>1946 and <1950 ' for example.

I could have a search front end with  a single year in e.g. 1946 to pick
up the date from the above. I can pre-process to a list of years, but
this does not really solve the range thing.

I take it that I can't do '>' and '<' comparisons as it doesnt seem to
be documented(??)

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Simon McLean

Senior Applications Analyst/Advisor (Webmaster)
Kings College, Strand, London WC2R 2LS
Tel:    +44 (0)171 848 1789
Email:  simon.mclean@kcl.ac.uk